Gah! Such a beautiful book! If you’re a fan of the Upending Tad series, then you can’t miss this new one from Kora Knight! As I said in my review, my only question is where I can get my very own Kríe?…cuz I want me some of that purple goodness!
And speaking of reviews, remember, they are the lifeblood of books. If you enjoyed it, please give it some love on Goodreads, Amazon, or your favorite review platform.
Buy link: Kríe Captivity
So, before I say anything, let me throw out my standard disclaimer: I’m shit at writing reviews. Like total shit. Thus, it’s best not to even think of this as a review. Yeah, look at it as some random words on a page…ramblings, if you will.
Gah! This fucking book was amazing. Simply and completely amazing!
- It’s my first read by Mr. Hall – and considering his back catalogue, I’m very likely late to the party – but it won’t be my last.
- Yes, I do espouse my love of ‘darker’ reads – quite fervently and frequently – and this book certainly does not fit into that category. Sure, the fundamental elements are that of a D/s relationship, but it’s totally on the sweet side of BDSM. So, for those whose tastes are generally lighter than mine, have no fear, this is a love story at its finest.
- The thing that struck me most – aside from the fucking brilliant writing – was the way reading it made me feel. Stepping back a second, it’s no secret that I’m a submissive in a self-styled D/s relationship. And, to that end, I do enjoy a good D/s story. However, For Real far surpasses ‘good’. It’s probably the best story I’ve read to date describing how I feel as a submissive. What joys are to be had, what fulfillment there is to be found, what contentment I derive from it, and lastly, the unparalleled euphoria that I find in the giving of myself…the giving of my service. Just…fuck, yeah, all of it. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying it is the best. But what I’m saying, from a personal perspective, it’s the best I’ve ever read. It hit me the hardest, it felt closest to home, and it touched me deeply in a very pleasant way.
- The Lemon Meringue Pie scene – Jesus, that goddamn beautiful scene alone makes the entire fucking book worth reading. And it’s just one scene of countless others. And the story is peppered with small lines like, “Thank you for allowing me to kneel for you,” that simply tear at me in the most satisfying way. ~shakes head grinning in recollection~
- If you’ve ever wondered what some submissives (certainly me) find gratifying about the choices they make, ya gots ta read this book! Fuck, dude, so good! Hammer/Nail/Head
In closing I offer my most humble thank you to Mr. Hall…For Real is a ride I won’t soon forget!
Full disclosure: I know the author of this book personally and consider him a close FB friend. And it was indeed due to said friendship that I picked up Twice the Hands to Hold.
Another admission, this is a book I’d consider far from my wheelhouse. My go-to reads tend to be much darker, grittier, and I admit, depraved. This book, on the other hand, is definitely what I’d consider sweet.
That said, I enjoyed the hell out of it! The main character’s relationships, their history, and their quest for happiness and fulfillment grabbed me within the first few pages and didn’t let go…even after I’d finished the book.
If well-written characters and interesting storylines are your thing (oh and handsome twins *wink*) then do yourself a favor and pickup Mr. Stevens Twice the Hands to Hold, you’ll be really glad you did.
I bought these four novelette/novella length stories last night and finished them this morning. SO fucking enjoyable! I highly recommend them!
I was completely flattered by the invitation I recently received to share my thoughts on my favorite book or series. I selected the phenomenal Don’t… series by Jack L. Pyke.
Check out the full article at Bike Book Reviews.